Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday Message To My Friend

This is my dearest friend, Janay. We have known each other for about 33 years. She and I were roommates back in 1978. Boy did we have FUN! This picture was taken on our Mexico vacation back in 2005. We were having breakfast and I said, "SMILE!" Didn't she do good?!


This was her birthday, May 4, 2005 and in a few days, she will again have a birthday and I would like to dedicate this poem to my dear friend and know that this comes from my heart!

Friendship is something
that grows through the years
Withstanding feelings of anger, joy and tears


It is something you cannot live without
A friend you can turn to when in doubt
They should listen carefull and not speak a word
For you would do the same when they want to be heard

A person you can confide in, learn from and trust
This is a friend and everyone must
Be able to have someone just like this
Now a boyfriend to hug, cuddle and kiss

But a person so special, faithful and true
The only one I can think of is a person like you
Our friendship is strong, healthy and great
Through the years I see its wonderful fate

A fate of laughter, greatness and fun
We have only one life to live and this is the one
The past- full of memories that runs through my head
The bad ones never talked about or said

Every moment of life should glisten with fresh morning dew
This reminds me of the greatest friendship one ever knew.

Love you, JJ

1 comment:

jdavissquared said...

there's nothing better than dear old friends! i posted about my oldest, best friend today too! {well, she's in the post at least!} ;)

found you on etsy forums, i hope you'll come visit me too!

http://jdavissquared.blogspot.com/

itzalist Web Directory

http://www.itzalist.com/shopping.html">!tzalist Shopping Directory

Buried Treasury Network

Powered By Blogger